Les Charmes » Elégance » 2019
Appellation and grape variety
Mâcon-Lugny “Les Charmes” – 100 % Chardonnay – White wine
Geographical origin, culture
The vines are located in the village of Lugny, Southern Burgundy, northern Mâconnais.
- Average altitude | 240 m
- Terroir | Clay-limestone, limestone outbuilding, low and medium slope
- Exposure | South, southeast
- Average age of vines | 50-60 years old
- Area | 9,94 ha on the “Les Charmes” terroir at a place
called“Les Crêts Carterots Haut”
- Responsible agriculture | Key word in the field “listening of nature, observe before acting or intervening”: limitation of treatments, contribution of organic manure only, work of the soil, disbudding and yield control.
- Harvest | Manuals
Pneumatic pressing, light settling at low temperature. Run off in barrels, followed by fermentation. Aging on fine lees withlight stirring until bottling. Racking and filtration light for traffic jams before the hot weather.
- Eye | Brilliant robe of an intense pale golden yellow color with some golden reflections.
- Nose | It is intense, with its aromas of hazelnuts and almonds grilled, but also candied fruit.
- Mouth | It is round, opulent and suave. She speaks on candied exotic fruits. The dense and powerful finish brings out the roasted nuts.
Recommended serving temperature: 12-14 degrees.
Food & wine pairings
This wine is placed at the table, as an accompaniment to your meats white mushrooms with cream and morels, pan-friedscallops with vanilla, your fish in sauce and also with a nice foie gras or noble crustaceans such as lobster.
Pleasant from today, it will accompany you for another 3 to 5 years.