Mâcon-Lugny « L’Allée » 2020
Appellation and grape variety
Mâcon-Lugny – 100 % Chardonnay – White wine
Geographical origin, culture
The vines are located in the villages of Lugny, Southern Burgundy, northern Mâconnais.
- Average altitude | 240 m
- Terroir | Silt, clay, sand, low slope
- Exposure | South
- Average age of vines | 60 years
- Area | 0,5 ha on the “Allée” terroir
- Responsible agriculture | Key word in the estate “listening of nature, observe before acting or intervening”: limitation of treatments, contribution of organic manure only, work of the soil, disbudding and yield control.
- Harvest | Mechanical
Pneumatic pressing, light settling at low temperature.
Vinification in stainless steel tank. The objective is to preserve the original purity fruit. Aging on fine lees until bottling. Racking, light filtration for bottling before the hot weather.
- Eye | Brilliant robe of an intense pale golden yellow color, with
some green reflections.
- Nose | It is intense and very open. tangerine and grapefruit are very present, we also perceive slight notes of fresh hazelnuts and white flowers.
- Mouth | The attack is frank and continues with a feeling ofvelvety. The whole is very harmonious, we find the hazelnutand citrus fruits. The finish is delicately peppery.
Recommended serving temperature: 10-12 degrees.
Food & wine pairings
This wine goes perfectly at the table as an accompaniment to meats eggs, shellfish and cheese (particularly goat cheese).
Pleasant from today, it will accompany you for another 2 to 3 years.