Macon Villages Le Clos 2020
> Download wine technical sheets
Appellation and grape variety
Mâcon-Villages – 100 % Chardonnay – White wine
Geographical origin, culture
The vines are located in the villages of Lugny and Azé, Southern Burgundy, northern Mâconnais.
- Average altitude | 240 m
- Terroir | Low slope clay-limestone
- Exposure | South
- Average age of vines | 20 years
- Area | 0,7 ha in the place called “En Rochebin”
- Responsible agriculture | Key word in the estate “listening of nature, observe before acting or intervening”: limitation of treatments, contribution of organic manure only, work of the soil, disbudding and yield control.
- Harvest | Mechanical
Pneumatic pressing, light settling at low temperature.
Vinification in stainless steel vat. The objective is to preserve the original purity fruit. Aging on fine lees until bottling. Racking, light filtration for bottling before great heat.
- Eye | Brilliant robe of an intense pale golden yellow color with some golden lights.
- Nose | It is quite intense, it reveals notes of rose, grapefruit and wax.
- Mouth | The attack is tense, it continues with a nice relief on fresh butter, we find the grapefruit. The end is delicately grilled. Recommended serving temperature: 8-10 degrees.
Food & wine pairings
This wine is perfect for an appetizer and pairing with seafood platters, shellfish but also with a salmon tartare.
Drinkable now but can be cellared for at least 2 years.