” Les Charmes ” 2020
Appellation and grape variety
Mâcon-Lugny “Les Charmes” – 100 % Chardonnay – White wine
Geographical origin, culture
The vines are located in the villages of Lugny, Southern Burgundy, northern Mâconnais.
- Average altitude | 240 m
- Terroir | Clay-limestone, clay dependency, low slope
- Exposure | South
- Average age of vines | 50 years
- Area | 0,90 ha on the “Les Charmes” terroir at a place
called“Les Crêts Carterots”
- Responsible agriculture | Key word in the estate “listening of nature, observe before acting or intervening”: limitation of treatments, contribution of organic manure only, work of the soil, disbudding and yield control.
- Harvest | Manuals
Pneumatic pressing, light settling at low temperature. Start of fermentation in stainless-steel vat, run off in barrels at the end of fermentation. Aging on fine lees with light stirring until bottling.
Racking and light filtration for bottling before the hot weather.
- Eye | Brilliant robe of an intense pale golden yellow color with
some silver reflections.
- Nose | It is suave and flattering, with its aromas of apricot and ripe mango, but also dried fruit.
- Mouth | It is round and greedy, it has a character slightly jammy, almost unctuous. Its finish is fresh and tense.
Recommended serving temperature: 12-14 degrees.
Food & wine pairings
This wine is placed at the table as an accompaniment to your meats whites with cream and morels, your salmon tatares or even a nice foie gras.
Pleasant from today, it will accompany you for another 2 to 3 years.