” Les 2 terroirs ” 2020
> Download wine technical sheets
Appellation and grape variety
Burgundy Pinot Noir – 100 % Pinot Noir – Red wine
Geographical origin, culture
The vines are located in the villages of Lugny, Southern Burgundy, northern Mâconnais.
- Average altitude | 240 m
- Terroir | Clay-limestone, medium-slope clay dominance
- Exposure | South East
- Average age of vines | 50-60 years old
- Area | 0,8 ha Place called “La Grange”
- Responsible agriculture | Key word in the field “listening of nature, observe before acting or intervening”: limitation of treatments, contribution of organic manure only, work of the soil, disbudding and yield control.
- Harvest | Manuals
Treading and destemming upon receipt of the harvest. Tanking stainless steel of 80% logs and 20% whole harvest to promote drainage to preserve a maximum of fruit. Regular pumping over at low temperature for the extraction of color, to release the aromas of fruit and activate the tannins. Alcoholic fermentation in stainless steel tanks, before pressing and pouring into oak barrels for aging on fine lees with regular toppings to avoid oxidation.
- Eye | Pretty deep ruby color with garnet high lights.
- Nose | It is pure and intense, with lovely notes of blue berry,ripe raspberry and black currant, the woodiness is suave and melted.
- Mouth | The attack is fleshy, the tannins are soft and silky. It expresses itself on black fruits in jam. We end with fine touches of coffee and toasted hazelnut.
Recommended serving temperature: 13-15 degrees.
Food & wine pairings
This wine will accompany you at the table, to satisfy your taste buds as well on your charcuterie, white or red meat, fishbut also a nice cheese platter. A wine of guaranteed pleasure.
Pleasant from today, it will accompany you for another 3 years.